AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MADISON COUNTY, FL,
TO BE HELD AT THE COMMISSIONERS MEETING ROOM
COURTHOUSE ANNEX, WEDNESDAY,
May 2, 2012, 9:00 a.m.
ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
PETITIONS FROM THE PUBLIC – FIVE (5) MINUTE LIMIT
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FROM THE REGULAR MEETING HELD April 18, 2012.
1. Constitutional Officers
2. County Attorney
3. County Coordinator
1. Reappointment of Commissioner Vickers to the Suwannee River Economic Council, Inc. Board of Directors.
2. Acceptance of Bid by The Management Experts for Request for Qualifications for Emergency Management Contractual Services Grant.
3. Approval of Utility Easement for Tri-County Electric Co-op for NE Juniper Drive.
4. Approval of Tourist Development Council Grant for the Madison County Recreational Association’s May 20th Jubilee Celebration in the Amount of $3,500.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Approval of Bid for Resurfacing of CR 150 and a Portion of NW Honey Lake Road – Mr. Lonnie Thigpen.
2. Discussion of Draft Resolution for Commercial Solid Waste – Mr. Jerome Wyche.
3. Discussion Regarding Piggy-back on CR 150 Bid for Paving of Greenville Collection Center Site – Mr. Jerome Wyche.
1. Review of Federal Court Order Regarding Redistricting – County Attorney.
1. 9:00 A.M. – Joint County / City Meeting for Consideration of Amendment to ITT Settlement Agreement.
2. Discussion of Possible Agreement with Madison ARC / Personnel Development Services to Operate Cherry Lake Beach – Mr. Tim Ressler.
3. Presentation Regarding Department of Transportation 5-year Tentative Work Program – Mr. Jordan Green, FDOT.
4. Review with Possible Approval of Changes to Health Department Fees – Ms. Kim Barnhill.
5. Review with Possible Approval of Proposed Counter Offer to Aucilla Landfill for 90 Acres – Commissioner Parrish and Mr. Allen Cherry.
6. Discussion with Possible Action of Donation of Surplus Property to the Town of Greenville – Commissioner Parrish and Mr. Allen Cherry.
7. Discussion of Replacing Phone Service for Courthouse Annex – Mr. Allen Cherry.
8. Approval of Work at the Madison County Recreation Center – Mr. Allen Cherry.
9. 2:00 P.M. – Dedication of Four Freedoms Trail Rest Area in Memory of Deputy Marcus Jones.
Planning & Zoning Board
Jimmy King – District 1 – Term Ends January 1, 2013 Dale Gibson – At-Large – Term Ends June 1, 2012
Brent Whitman – District 2 – Term Ends December 1, 2014 Tim Ginn or Andy Barnes – School Board Representative
James Brown – District 3 – Term Ends February 1, 2013 Mack Primm – Alternate – Term Ends February 2, 2015
Fain Poppell, Chair – District 4 – Term Ends December 1, 2014 Mike Holton – Alternate – Term Ends February 2, 2015
Christy Grass – District 5 – Term Ends February 1, 2015
Julia Shewchuck – At-Large – Term Ends June 1, 2012
Madison County Development Council
Ed Meggs – Term Ends – January, 2015
Roy Ellis – Term Ends – January, 2015
Tourist Development Council
Justin Hamrick – Chair of BOCC or His Designee, Chair to be Re-Appointed Annually Prior to July 1st – Term Ends June 1, 2015
Jim Catron – Elected Municipal Official from Most Populous Municipality – Term Ends June 1, 2013
Shirley VonRoden, Second Vice-Chair – Elected Municipal Official from Any Municipality – Term Ends June 1, 2015
Latrelle Ragans, Vice-Chair – Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2013
Brenda Graham – Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2015
Jon Williamson – Involved in Tourist Industry and SUBJECT to the Tax – Term Ends June 1, 2013
Jackie Blount – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2015
Roy Milliron – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2015
Ben Harris – Involved in Tourist Industry and NOT SUBJECT to the Tax* – Term Ends June 1, 2013
*Not More Than One of the Positions Marked with an Asterisk May Also be Filled by a Person who is Subject To the Tax.
Competency Board Code Enforcement Board
Gary Williams Brian Leonardson
Travis Renfroe Gary Williams
Richard Edwards Bill Steves
Jayson Williams Curtis Johnson
Curtis Johnson VACANT
Dewayne O’Quinn Freddie Simmons
Justin Hamrick, District 1 Alfred Martin, District 4, Vice-Chair
Wayne Vickers, District 2, Second Vice-Chair Roy Ellis, District 5, Chair
Renetta Parrish, District 3
PROCEDURAL RULES FOR THE MEETINGS OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
The following notices are hereby given to all persons concerning the meetings of the Board of County Commissioners of Madison County, Florida (hereinafter the “Board”):
1. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the meetings of the Board in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the law, these rules or are otherwise waived by the Board.
2. No comments from the floor will be allowed under any circumstances.
3. The Board shall hear as many comments from the public as practicable during any meeting.
4. No member of the public may address the Board who has not previously signed up to address the Board, unless he or she is requested to do so by the Chair.
5. Any member of the public who wishes to address the Board on any topic, which appears on the agenda or otherwise, must sign up with the County Manager or his designee before the scheduled time for public comments.
6. All speakers will be limited to five (5) minutes per topic, unless leave is given by the Chair.
7. Any identifiable group of three (3) persons or more shall be limited to a total of ten (10) minutes per topic.
8. All members of the public given the privilege of addressing the Board, shall do so at the beginning of its scheduled meeting, or immediately following the lunch time break, if the scheduled meeting continues past the lunch time break.
9. The Chair may rule any speaker out of order and require that speaker to cease addressing the Board and if necessary order the bailiff to remove that speaker from the Commission Chambers if:
A. The speaker refuses to confine his remarks to the topic at hand.
B. The speaker becomes belligerent, irrational, or in any way disruptive to the meeting of the Board, or,
C. The speaker refuses to cease addressing the Board after his allotted time.
10. No agenda item will be designated for any specific time other than a time during the first three (3) hours of the meeting, unless leave is given by the Chair. All times shown on the agenda are approximate.
11. No item may be added to the agenda of the Board of County Commissioners except upon request of the Chair, a Board member, the County Manager, the Clerk of the Board or the County Attorney.
12. All decisions of the Chair concerning parliamentary procedures, decorum, or rules of order will be final, unless they are overcome by a majority of the members of the Board in attendance.
13. The Chair shall vote on all issues that come before the Board in the same manner as a member of the Board.
All items listed on the agenda are for discussion and possible action including vote by the Board. The Board reserves the right to amend the agenda of any meeting to the fullest extent allowed by law. Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you are a person requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting of the Board, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact Tim Sanders, Clerk of Court, at Post Office Box 237, Madison, Florida 32341, telephone: (850)973-1500, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call 711. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she will need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.