1. Road Grading: Consists of two crews: one crew containing two motor graders and operators and one crew containing three motor graders and operators. The crew of two grades roadways north of US 90 and north of SR 6. The crew of three grades roadways south of US 90 and south of SR 6. One of the graders used on the south side is equipped with a ditching blade and is used as needed throughout the entire County. Two additional graders are used for spreading and mixing material on special projects as needed. A crew cab truck transports crew members to grading locations and fuels the graders at the same time.
2. Road Material Hauling: Consists of four dump trucks and drivers. A front end loader and operator loads materials from stockpiles and/or barrow pits and a grader and operator are used when needed. The number of employees may vary depending on scope of job.
3. Brush Cutting: Consists of two crews of two employees each. Each of the two crews has one tractor/brush cutter and operator, one pick-up truck and driver for fueling equipment and keeping roadway free of debris. Location varies as need demands.
4. Mowing: Consists of two tractors equipped with batwing mowers and operators and one truck and driver for transporting crew to location, fueling and cleaning right-of-way. This crew operates from March through December and during the remaining months, crew members are added to other crews and/or special projects.
5. Rotating/Patching Crew: This crew consists of two to three employees and performs routine maintenance and repairs as needed for driveways, culvert installation, road patching, and other miscellaneous assignments as required. A flat bed dump body truck is used for most assignments in this category. Types of hand tools and equipment may vary.
6. Traffic Control Crew: Consists of two Traffic Control Specialists who drive a GMC Sierra 3500 truck with sign trailer. This crew is responsible for installation, repair, maintenance and inventory of all signage and traffic control devices throughout the County. Assignments may vary according to demand and Departmental workload.
7. Miscellaneous Equipment: Consists of one wheeled excavator, two loader/backhoes with trailers, one bucket truck, one Rex mixer, one Howard rotovator, one Ford box scraper, one rubber tire roller, one Caterpillar excavator, one steel wheeled compactor, one Mack transport truck and lowboy trailer, one bull dozer, one water truck and other miscellaneous small equipment and implements for use as needed. All specialized equipment may be used on a regular basis by any of the above listed crews according to the scope of each specific project.
8. Shop: Consists of one shop mechanic assisted as needed by other Department employees for maintenance and repairs of all Road Department equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Public Works/Road Department work crews may vary as needed, and all employees may be required to perform other job duties not specifically stated in their job descriptions when necessary to maintain work schedules.